Friday, June 27, 2008

wild edibles - and hemorrhoid relief

Deb and decided to harvest these little treats. I sauteed them simply in butter with onion and garlic and added a bit of cream. We served them to unsuspecting board members on top of bruschetta. Also, we collected enough to dry for tea. Free, wild tea.


As before mentioned, I did get lost in the woods briefly. Here I discovered that nettles are not only delicious, but they are also quite ferocious - as they are referred to as "STINGING NETTLES" Thus, comes relief with jewelweed.


alright, don't take my word for it ..Because I am not pro .. in fact, I'm not even an amateur.

however, My lovely assistant Deb is a personally coined "ethno botanist" and that's good enough for me.



2 comments:

vtnutmeg said...

Yea chezzy-chez....I'm glad you have the blog up and runnin'....thanks for all the yummies you make for us!(especially last minute feasts...)

mma.deb said...

really enjoying your photos of the farm and of course your recipes! Wonder if wild edible hemorrhoid relief works for swelling under your eyes too! I'll try that after the yogurt topped with your granola! Thanks for sharing!