Friday, August 8, 2008

what summer's all about


I was just pulling off my pants when I saw this sign in the brush... I decided to refrain.

Besides going for a lovely motorcycle ride and visiting the falls, I've also been busy with the harvest.
I went to an awesome foodie event for the Vermont Fresh Network at Shelburne Farms.
The guys at Hen of The Wood let me cook with them ..I drank too much wine, but I also got to try Goat in a Box.

A quick summer menu for a small crowd

Beautiful Roasted Beet Salad
or
Cucumber Salad with marinated red onion, tomato, and cauliflower

with
Bruschetta
(sorry it's fuzzy, totally unprofessional)
and for dessert ....

Cider Poached Bartlett Pears with Coconut milk
(or any variety of apple or pear -- Look for regional fruit and at the very least, domestic)


Damn, do I have to type up all the instructions now?
I figure taking pictures should get you going.
Alright... here's the deal. I'm super busy now, but I'm going to come back with recipe tips.


1 comment:

Montana Barn Cat said...

These look super good, Chef! I especially like the looks of those beets. I am glad you stayed out of the deadly water. We need more chefs!